This post contains affiliate links, which are designed for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to other websites. For my full disclosure policy click here.
How many of you have guitars gathering dust somewhere in your house? Today’s the day to bust them out, tune them up, and have some guitar fun!
CELEBRATE NATIONAL GET OUT YOUR GUITAR DAY
Don’t have a guitar? No worries! There are other ways that you can observe this holiday:
- Make a guitar out of a cardboard cereal box (directions here)
- Listen to guitar music (my favorite guitar player for Sunday afternoons is Michael Dowdle)
- Wear a guitar shirt (or a tee-shirt for your favorite band)
- Watch guitar videos on YouTube
- Read books about the guitar or read up on the history of the guitar
The kids have been taking guitar lessons for the past month or so. I’m looking forward to attempting to play along with them when they practice today. 🙂