This post contains affiliate links, which are designed for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to other websites. For my full disclosure policy click here.
CELEBRATE LEARN YOUR NAME IN MORSE CODE DAY
Have you ever wondered what your name would look or sound like in Morse code? Today is the perfect day to find out! Here are some ideas for experimenting with Morse code today:
- Learn more about Morse code
- Make Morse code art – After they learn their names, have them make a piece of artwork inspired by the dots and dashes.
- Make Morse code jewelry – Or, better yet, use seed and bugle beads to make a necklace or keychain with their names in morse code.
- Do Morse code with flashlights
- Candy Morse code – Use gumdrops for dots and Mike & Ikes for dashes
- Read picture books about Morse code (this one looks fun)
- Experiment with a Morse code app
CELEBRATE THE SEASONS
This morning we finally had our first walk to school in what could be considered “miserable” conditions. Wind, cold temperature, sideways rain, huge puddles, the works. But you know what? We survived! We were a little wet when we got home, but now Ladybug and I are snuggled up enjoying the coziness of our family room. We’ll probably have a few more blustery winter days like today, but then the weather will improve and we’ll be on to the next season. After learning about hygge, I’m determined to embrace what makes winter such a cozy season instead of focusing on the nasty weather.
Enjoy your winter day today, whatever that might look like for you!